Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday!

Let's reflect a minute, and read my birth story. :)

I went to my regular doctor appt (39weeks) on Thursday morning with Dr Hjort (2.11.10). Everything went well, I was 2cm and she stripped my membranes again. The day before (2.10) I had lost some of my mucous plug and also had contractions that night starting around 7p that lasted through the night about 8 mins apart. Anyways, doc appt went good. Weight was 151lbs. I mentioned to the doc that his movement was still decreased but present. She wanted me to go to L&D and have a NST done. So I went there and had it done and the results were perfect, he looked great. But, my contractions were 3-5 mins apart. The nurse checked me and I was at 3cm. So within an hour I went from 2-3... great! She called the doctor and told her the results, but she wanted more progress. I walked the L&D floor for an hour. Talk about boring! haha. Anyways, we walked for an hour and then got back on the monitor for 30 mins before checking again. When they did, contractions were the same 3-4 mins apart and I was dilated to 4. YES! You get to stay, you're having a baby! So, they got me set up in a room. The contractions that I was having were definitely painful, but tolerable. I kept telling Jared before they agreed to let me stay, they just CAN'T let me go, we'll be coming back soon if they do. These are too painful and close to go home. So anyways, got all set up in my room and ready to rock and roll. I was 4cm around 1:30p and got in my room around 3:30p (?). The contractions were hard and strong, but I hadn't asked for meds just yet. Around 4/4:30, they were so strong and coming so fast I couldn't regain composure between them. I was crying and miserable. Dr Moffett had come in to do some paperwork and hurried up the epidural. I received the epidural around 5pm. And ahh, relief!! At 6:10pm Dr Wood came in to break my water, and I was 5cm. We were just waiting at this point. At 7:15pm I was telling the nurse that I was having alot of pain and pressure and that the epidural must be wearing off. She decided to check me. No, that was his head and I was 10cm and ready to go. I went from 5-10cm in an hour. Wow! Around 7:30pm we did some practice pushes, I wasn't doing them right at first but then got the hang of it. Dr Wood arrived and we started pushing. I only pushed a few times and he was here, but, the cord was wrapped around his neck. She had to cut/manuveur (not exactly sure what she did to be honest) the cord from his neck before I could continue. Once she did, there he was! Perfect little guy we've been waiting on. He wasn't crying and needed a little oxygen at first but started crying and doing great! He was perfect. 7lbs 4oz and 20 3/4". He completed our little family, and I'm so in love with him!



There ya have it! It sounds so cliche, but it's SO hard to believe it's been a year already! He has completed our family, and blessed our family. Jared, I and the girls just love him to pieces. He's such a sweet little guy. Always happy and playful.

A few little stats on the man. First off, his ears are clear, which is major in our books. His weight is 21 lbs. He is walking 80% of the time, and loves it. I even find him 'practicing'. Walking from object to object with a big grin on his face because he knows how good he is ;) Sleeping all night, 8p-7a. Switching slowly to sippy cups. On table food, with bits of baby food here and there. Says a few words. And climbs everything!!! That's just a few highlights of what he's been up to!

0 comments: